This computer is all about you. With easy-to-use features, it's the world's first wristwatch-style personal dive computer with Human Factor Diving.TM
A precision blend of sophisticated computer and beautiful timepiece, the MANTIS 1 (M1) is very similar to SCUBAPRO's new M2 in form and function. The M1 is the wristwatch-style dive computer for divers who want the Smart technology offered by SCUBAPRO's ground-breaking Human Factor Diving™ but who don't need air integration or an on-board digital compass.
Human Factor Diving™ is an exclusive SCUBAPRO approach to equipment design that combines Human Factors & Ergonomics (an engineering doctrine that focuses on the interaction between products and the people who use them), Biometrics (the science of measuring and analyzing a person's biological data), and Wearable Technology (gear designed to be worn on the body) to create high-tech scuba diving products that are compact, easy to use and, MOST importantly, provide detailed "real-time" self-tracking reports on how your body is functioning, both on the surface and at depth, so you can get the most out of your body, out of your dive, and out of your life.
There's no better example of this blend of high-tech form and function than the M1. Offering a totally customized wristwatch-style dive computing system that's super easy to use, the M1 features a visually pleasing display screen, an intuitive menu and a simple circular navigation system, making it one of the most user-friendly dive computers on the market.
But what makes the M1 truly unique is its ability to provide you with personalized data through the use of biometrics. This allows you to maximize your body's operational efficiency; it lets you know when you're over-exerting or under-exerting, and it alerts you to potential problems before they escalate into major events. In short, this type of self-tracking helps increase diving performance and decrease injury, and that boosts confidence.
A stylish and highly versatile instrument both above and under water, for daily topside use the M1 offers full timekeeping functions. For after-work sports and exercise, the altimeter and thermometer let you track hiking excursions into the upper elevations. The chronograph with lap memory is great for running, or you can switch to Swim Mode and record your swimming time, number of swim strokes and swimming distance.
For diving, the M1 can accommodate three gas mixes, from 21 percent nitrox to 100 percent O2, plus it offers a fixed PPO2 CCR algorithm for closed circuit rebreather diving. It offers four underwater modes: Scuba, Gauge, Freediving and CCR. With the optional HRM belt you can monitor your heart rate at depth -- another SCUBAPRO exclusive. The HRM belt also measures your skin temperature which can be factored into your decompression algorithm for safer, more efficient diving. And for post-dive data tracking the M1comes with LogTRAK software for both PC and Mac as well as an Android LogTRAK app.
Offering just the right balance of topside features and underwater functions, the M1 is a wristwatch-style dive computer like no other. By providing more vital, individualized information in an intuitive delivery system, you'll be able to make smart decisions based on solid personal data to make your diving safer, enhance fitness, help improve your diving skills, and as a result, make your time spent under water a heck of a lot more fun.
And that, after all, is what diving's all about.
MANTIS 1 (M1) Personalization Features
All dive computer algorithms factor in depth, bottom time and gas mix to calculate deco time. However, SCUBAPRO's ZHL-8 ADT MB PMG is the only dive computer algorithm that includes a diver's breathing rate, heart rate and skin temperature as an indicator of workload during a dive and adjusts the decompression plan to avoid risk factors.
These enable the adaptive algorithm to adjust for each diver's experience level, age and physical conditioning. Choosing a microbubble level between L0-L5 allows you either take up less nitrogen or off-gas more quickly.
Heart Rate Monitor
By visually monitoring your heart rate you can better assess your workload -- real time -- and promptly react to heightened stress or over-exertion. At the same time, the dive computer incorporates this information into its workload calculation, adjusting the algorithm to make the dive safer. On a less critical level, measuring your heart rate also lets you focus on increasing your endurance training, which allows you to transform your love of diving into a fitness sport.
Skin Temperature Monitor
This patent-pending feature provides yet another aspect of your physiology that can be factored into the workload algorithm. Extreme cold can affect a diver's ability to off-gas nitrogen. This additional information lets your algorithm update its decompression calculations to improve the diving experience.
Profile Dependent Intermediate Stops (PDIS)
Calculates an intermediate stop based on how much nitrogen the body has absorbed, taking into account the current dive, previous dives and breathing mixes
Can be a valuable aid when exercising or lap swimming in shallow water. By keeping track of strokes you can also calculate distance.
Can be calculated by combining heart rate and workload data. In today's fit-conscious society you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone not interested in how many calories were burned over the course of the day's dive. (The Calorie Tracker is available when using LogTRAK software.)
- Targeted to recreational and technical divers as well as CCR divers and freedivers.
- Predictive Multi-Gas ZHL8 ADT MB algorithm accommodates three gases (21-100% O2).
- PDIS (Profile Dependent Intermediate Stops) calculates an intermediate stop based on N2 loading, current and previous dives and breathing mixes for safer diving.
- Microbubble levels let you adjust the level of conservatism in the algorithm to match your experience level, age and physical conditioning.
- Optional heart rate monitor records heartbeat and skin temperature (with SCUBAPRO HRM Belt only) that can be factored into the decompression calculation along with workload.
- Casing is built from the highest marine grade 316L stainless steel with a two-toned brushed finish that both protects and looks great.
- Magnetic control buttons eliminate the need for holes, maintaining the casing's watertight integrity and maximizing mechanical reliability.
- Great for freediving.
- Four Dive modes: Scuba, Gauge, Freediving and CCR.
- Swim mode.
- Full topside time-keeping functions.
- Chronograph with lap memory for running.
- Fixed PPO2 CCR algorithm.
- Maximum operating depth: 394ft/120m.
- Segmented LCD display.
- Protective mineral glass.
- Easy-to-read characters and graphics.
- Enhanced logbook for freediving.
- CR2032 dealer replaceable battery rated for two years/300 dives.
- PC and Mac compatible using LogTRAK with optional cradle.
- Android LogTRAK app is also available.
- Available with a choice of optional colored wrist bands.
Optional Wristband Colors: Blue, Red, Orange, Yellow.
SCUBAPRO is the only dive equipment company in the world to offer such an innovative dive computer.